Emergency Water Damage
Having a water emergency in your residential or commercial property can be a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action. Water emergencies can run the gamut from a burst pipe to a plumbing leak to flooding to a sewage backup.
A water emergency can truly take a toll on your property, your mental well being and your wallet. Our expert team at Water Damage Long Island Pros is here to help and get your property safe and healthy again quickly and proficiently. You are not alone, you have found us.
Every water emergency is unique. For over 30 years, we have utilized all of our experience to devise effective solutions for every water emergency our customers have faced. We will do the same for you!
Here are some initial steps to mitigate your water emergency AFTER you have called our team to help:
- Assess the safety of your property - Is it safe for you and/or other property occupants to stay on-site? Are there any potential safety risks including electrocution or slipping and falling? Safety is your number one focus right now! Don’t do anything that might jeopardize your or anyone else’s safety on your property.
- Begin some initial remediations to your property - Again only execute any of these measures if it is safe to do so on your property. If you have any doubt, don’t do it:
- Remove excess water via a mop or blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery and cushions. Just remember wet property contents can become extremely heavy. Don’t lift anything beyond your physical means.
- Wipe excess water from any furniture or property objects made of wood.
- If your emergency occurs during the summer months, turn on any air conditioning units to start the drying process.
- If applicable remove any rugs off wet flooring.
- Remove furniture from affected areas if possible. At the very least, prop up furniture legs using wooden blocks, aluminum foil, or any other means that will offer sturdy support.
- Remove any property contents from the affected area that can be susceptible to water damage.
- Avoid any potentially hazardous or further damaging measures or activities on your property - It is integral that you DON’T:
- Try and use your household vacuum cleaner to remove excess water from your property.
- Use your television or any other household appliances.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures like lights and fans especially if the ceiling on your property is wet and/or starting to sag.
- Leave any type of paper product, colored item, or any property contents susceptible to water on the floor. Also remove any fabric, leather goods, and/or fur from the affected areas.
- Turn on any source of water on your property or use any bathroom facilities.
So, what can you expect after you have called our team at Water Damage Long Island Pros for our emergency water damage services? We will:
- Gather essential information - Any information you can provide here is key, especially any potential safety concerns.
- Assess the emergency - We will identify and stop the source of your water emergency, determine if the water is contaminated and treat accordingly, survey the affected areas and complete a thorough inspection of your property.
- Extract excess water - We will use the latest equipment and techniques to remove excess water from your property including subversive pumps and industrial strength wet/dry vacuums. We will also utilize moisture detectors, hygrometers, and if necessary infrared cameras to find and eliminate all sources of water intrusion on your property.
- Dry and dehumidify - Our industrial-strength dehumidifiers and high-speed air movers will accelerate the drying process and prevent further damage to your property.
- Cleanup - Just call us the clean team. No type of emergency water damage cleanup is a match for our sanitizing, disinfecting, and deodorizing skill sets. We also get rid of any resulting odors, mold, and bacteria; and properly dispose of any damaged property materials according to the latest industry and environmental standards.
- Restore your property - It’s time to get your property back to its original state and better yet back to you. As part of our emergency water damage restoration process, we can provide minor emergency water damage repairs to your property. If more extensive work is needed we can provide you with a detailed assessment outlining our recommendations.
Whatever the type of emergency water damage you are facing on your property, we are available 24/7 and backed by the latest techniques, equipment, and industry standards to resolve the issue, restore your property to its original condition and do everything possible to make sure you don’t have to go through this again.
Each and every member of our team at Water Damage Long Island Pros puts the “pro” in professional. If you are needing the best team in emergency water damage services, contact us today to learn more and/or to arrange for a FREE instant quote. You can contact us via phone or by email.